C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Aqua andTeal

The ocean,  icebergs, Robin's eggs, Aurora Borealis, lichen, peacock feathers, and Tiffany & Co. boxes....just some of the things that are aqua and teal.  

Did I mention the ocean?

   

Oh yes....and this fabulous beach find!


Paul and I visited one of the rocky beaches again...I didn't even mind the fog.

The shoreline was covered with these smooth chunky round rocks....I was smitten.
This one is going home with me.


I have enjoyed time to play with watercolor while on Cranberry Island....I don't take much time at home to just sit and paint. I was using up the watery paint on palette....and used my finger to make the splotches on the left.  Then made a few polka dots further apart...and cut them out...and they remind me of the round rocks on the beach.  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them...but at this point it's just play. They'll appear somewhere....sometime.

 

We just finished round 5 of our Rainbow Connection art trade...and
this time the colors were aqua and teal. This is the card I sent to Becky....
and she just got it in the mail yesterday.


I started with a collage of mixed of papers....
mostly gelli prints...some with doodles.


I added a couple papercuts and more white spots....
and a few swirls that I had done on deli paper.


Finally I added the little fabric "Joy" and mounted it on card stock edged with black and white tissue paper.  I used some teal polka dotted scrapbook paper for the envelope liner....and embellished the dots a bit with some swirls and spot of white....giving the commercial scrapbook paper a bit of whimsy.  


I'm not sure I love the back....but it's what I did.
So there you go....Ocean Love....in aqua and teal for Becky!  

2 comments:

  1. My stopping places: the paper watercolor pebbles; the mix of collage papers you started with; the envelope liner!

    ReplyDelete