C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Blue

This post is about blue...but I can't help but share these curls from Janice's cucumber plants. I'm grateful for a wonderful evening last night with friends. Good company and great food are always a good thing....and...there's always something interesting to see at Janice's house.

My sister in law Alyson is the queen of curls....
so she'll be pretty tickled with these.

Blueberries, the sky, hydrangea, sapphires, delphinium, bachelor buttons and bluebirds....just some of the things that are beautiful blue.

The blue cards for our Rainbow Connection project are either in the mail....or in the hands of their new owners. Here's what I made for Tracie....and this time it's all fabric and stitch.

I started by fusing blue fabric swatches onto a thin piece of interfacing....
then added decorative stitching along the seams.


I cut circles from several different fabrics...and fused them to the top.
Trees?....flowers?....lollipops?....you decide.


Before I trimmed it up and stitched it onto the white card...I did a little hand stitching on a few circles.  It might be a little too subtle...but it's there.


These are two of the fabric pieces I cut from.


I put a little phrase on the back.....


...and embellished some blue polka dotted scrapbook paper
 with white daisy dots for the envelope liner.


My blue card for Traice for the Rainbow Connection project. 
I got Tracie's in the mail today....and I can't wait to share it tomorrow.
I'll report on the others as I get photos.
It's time for purple!

2 comments:

  1. I am especially taken with the hand stitching and the envelope liner—those envelope liners get me every time : )

    I thought of you today >>> We had thundershowers pass through in the night. This morning we discovered that 8 or 9 glorious gladioli in Dave's gardens, gladioli that had just come fully into their magnificence, couldn't bear the brunt of the wind nor the weight of the rainwater last night. We found them knocked down, toppled. So, this evening I got out a pair of secateurs, and now we have a spectacular arrangement of garden glory inside our home. Thank you for affirming the gift of appreciating all ends of the spectrum, the rising up and the falling down : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love it when what seems like a disappointment becomes a gift! I can just picture the beautiful arrangement...gladioli aure such a show stopper! Inside or out! Thank you for sharing this story Dotty!

      Delete