C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 7, 2023

Gardens

I just realized that I've been spelling lupin wrong some of the time...it's actually lupine...all of the time. I've been spelling it like I pronounce it as of late...with a short i.  Now I know better!

Lobstah for dinner tonight....I spelled it how Mainers say it.


Jim took us to a private garden on an estate a few days ago...
it was absolutely incredible.  It helps to know the right people.


The paths meandered around the rocks and trees.....the variety of plantings was incredible.....and it all seemed so naturalized. There was a whole team of friendly gardeners busy tending and planting.





There was a pool and tennis courts....


and a fountain.



I actually hope to go back to take a closer look at all the blooms in different light. It's just up the road.....and we were told we would be welcome to go back.


On our way out....we had a stroll along the rocky shore.


The waves crashed over these cairns...and they didn't budge.


The haze and fog were mesmerizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment