C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Change Of Scenery

Paul and I are heading Down East tomorrow morning...we're spending a week on Cranberry Island near Acadia National Park.  In return for doing the Sunday service at the local church, we get a week in the parsonage. The change of scenery will be fun.

Our son Sam will be holding down the fort....he has a change of scenery too.  Lucky for us he has relocated from the Boston area back to Maine...and he is staying with us for the summer.  We are thrilled to have our whole family back in the same state.

So I've been busy doing house chores...and figuring out what to pack. Rather than start another big puzzle...I've pulled out some of my small ones over the past couple of days.  I love these little gems....and I have more.  They were the perfect little filler while I prepared for our trip. Maybe I'll do the rest of them when I get back. 

This one on the left was a gift from my sister Marilyn from her travels. The bottom two are from Philippa....I have several of her small ones.  I wrote about some of them here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2016/12/a-cup-of-coffee.html


There are no cars on Cranberry Island but apparently we have a golf cart to use.  There is one restaurant but no stores so we will be taking most of our own food.  I don't think there is internet at the house...but I know I will have access at a couple places on the island.  If I get cell service I will also have my hotspot.... so I do hope to be sharing little nuggets of this island adventure here on the blog.


We will park in Manset...and take a ferry to the island.  
I think a changes of scenery will be good for both of us. 

8 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous week away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ida! A change of scenery is often a good thing.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful time you will have! In 2014, my husband and I went to Acadia NP and Bar Harbor via train/plane. (We live in NW Wa State) One of the delightful things we did after driving to Portland, was to take a ferry to stay a night on Vindalhaven (sp) island . Oh, wow! What an amazing experience! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I know Acadia is a destination for so many folks....it's a beautiful place. I hope to get the the northwest sometime! It's been on our list for a long time. Thanks for reaching out Kristin!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like quite an adventure and I am looking forward to hearing (reading) all about this.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I'm looking forward to this little adventure!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy! I hope we do get to see some nuggets from Cranberry Island. I’m so treasuring your daily calm sharing of musings, art and natural beauty. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's going to be interesting. So glad you're finding something here!

      Delete