C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 28, 2023

Home Again

No matter how wonderful time is away....there's no place quite like home.

I twisted a little more cording during the drive back...and I'm going to stick with the reds and purples on this one. It was the perfect car project because it takes no thought...and I can even do it without looking so I can enjoy the scenery.

As I settle in back home....I'm looking forward to get back into the studio and get into a bit of a creative groove again.

Paul called me outside last evening to look at the sky....we do that for each other when we notice something special.  There was a lot of humidity in the air....and the sky seemed brighter than it should have at 8:30. There were all kind of colors reflected in the clouds from the setting sun...it was both ominous and beautiful.

I spied this beauty on our morning walk.
I'm especially tuned into all different bloom habits this season...
and I love how this aster is unfurling. It feels so special.


And although it is nearly impossible to photograph...my smaller meadow rue is putting on a nice show. I just love these long arching branches with their sweet little flowers.


My taller plant by the fence is not doing all that well...but it has one short little blooming stem.  I'll take it!  I just adore these little pink pearl buds.....and they photograph well against the fence.

3 comments:

  1. A candy shop of color! Love the cording you make. I so identify with your loving to have handwork at hand no matter where you find yourself. We attended a family camp for years and at some point I decided I wasn't going to indulge in the desserts served during that week; to occupy myself while everyone else was so indulging I kept supplies in a bag hung on the back of my chair in the dining hall, and made all my German star paper Christmas ornaments for the year during that week in August! each year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. paper ornament comment made by dotty; forgot to enter all my ID info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty....I wish commenting was easier. I absolutely love your family camp story.....great idea! Absorbing ourselves in a project is a sure way to occupy our minds....in the best of all possible ways. And....I do love those German paper stars. My friend Jane made me some....that I use every Christmas in my decorating.

      Delete