C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Shades of Blue

It's blueberry season and there's a patch on one of our morning routes that I can keep an eye on. I love watching the colors change as they ripen to their beautiful shade of blue.

Tracie created another two sided Rainbow Connection card...this time in blue.  She said she is doing that for all of us....we get to choose what's the front and what's the back.  I love them both....so they are both fronts.

There are so many fabulous  shades of blue in this wreath. I love that the circles are all watercolor cutouts with dot and dash doodles. A few of them even look like blueberries.

I love everything about it!

She was going for just the right bright blue for the butterfly....so mixed Dioxazine Purple and Phthalo Blue Green....and she nailed it! I'm also quite fond of the little hole in the wing...nice touch Tracie!  Thank you!  Thank you!


I followed the blue pig parade this morning for a visit Patty down the street.....
and her hydrangea did not disappoint! Her backyard is sanctuary!





2 comments:

  1. The hole in the butterfly wing: perfection. An exquisite reminder of the value of contrast/surprise and off-center focal point in composition.

    Now to keep that reminder on a top shelf when I'm painting …: )

    ReplyDelete