C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, July 31, 2023

The Point

Dotty shared this little painting she did a while back after my Start Somewhere post.  I love the message....the colorful and textured background...and the child-like writing with pops of color in just the right places.  Her inspiration came from a children's book....where she had several lightbulb moments about seeing something ordinary in a new way.  

And...I'm inspired too.  I want to do some background pages for more quotes in the blank pages in my art journal....and maybe this concept is where I'll start....even though it might not be where I'll end up.  

And...doesn't this message apply to so many things?  The point is to start! And the beauty is....whatever you start...is completely up to you.

Here's my list of things to start....or restart in some cases:

Restart being more mindful of my health choices both with my food and my exercise. 

Restart my organization project in my studio....even if it's just one little corner or surface at a time.

Start giving some life to some of the projects in my head that I can't stop thinking about.

Start a small furniture painting project I've been putting off for months...well...a year actually.

Start cutting myself some slack when I choose to not start anything at all on any given day.  Not starting is OK too!

And the real point...is whatever you start...allow it to bring you some joy.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, this post brings me joy and delight from one end to the other! Thank you for writing your "Start Somewhere" post which started my making the effort to figure out where I might have stashed this painting.

    Today: I started this glorious summer day with a 30 minute pre-dawn walk; I started preparing for family to visit for a long weekend by vacuuming two rooms; I started weeding Dave's numerous large gardens by having him direct me to give 12 minutes to a designated area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It brought me delight too! Thanks for sharing your "start" list! I'm smiling thinking about Dave directing you around his gardens. Paul would be just lost if he had to do that for me. But he would. Good luck with your company prep. I have always said that I need guests once in a while so that I tend to the house.

      Delete