C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Orange and Red.....

...and a starry rainbow book.

The lower leaves on my hummingbird's lunch plants are turning beautiful shades of orange and red.  Is it just what they do?  Or are the plants thinking about fall? 

On hot humid days I think about fall!

I do know it's gotten too much rain.  But we're finally getting a bit of a break.


I learned that this plant is actually called Red Lucifer in the Crocosmia family. We came across another patch this morning...and it sure is striking! It almost fierce looking.....like a dragon lunging at me.


Susan was inspired by the Rainbow Connection project...and made this beautiful rainbow star book.  I'm so tickled she shared it with me....she's been on quite a roll lately making books....and all the art that goes in them!


She worked her way through the whole color spectrum....
and I'd like to study each page. I love this orange doodle!


Some of the blues were from my "Ounce of Joy" give-away.
That made me smile!


What a fun project!  
Well done Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment