C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Hopeful

The air is cool and crisp....the windows are finally open. 
I'm feeling hopeful....so I recorded the feeling in my art journal.


Just before I left on this last trip Patty gave me this sweet little pin. She knows I have a few things weighing heavy on my mind...and her gift is a tangible reminder that there are reasons to be hopeful.  

This pin is part of of Charlie Hewitt's "Hopeful Project"....spreading the powerful message of hope in a sometimes dark world.

https://www.charliehewittstudio.com/
The project started in 2019 with this commissioned  sign on Forest Avenue right here in Portland.  I drive by it often....and I didn't know the story until now.
Thank you Patty!


Charlie has done a dozen installs across seven states.....
and I couldn't love them more.  How can a brightly illuminated and beautiful reminder to be hopeful not be good for anyone who sees it. This one can be found in downtown Augusta...the capital of Maine.



I have reason to be hopeful!

4 comments:

  1. Ta da! Look at the magic of what came together when you invited yourself to "start somewhere"! Adding that one uplifting word is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha....yes ta da! I started small....but I started! I do love the impact of one word, however!

      Delete
  2. I feel that hope is faith's little sister- a somewhat similar version. Together they can do a lot. May they both bring you some peace.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful image.....you can't have hope without a little faith too! I love thinking of them as sisters! Thanks Kathy! All will be well.

      Delete