C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Blue Doodle

"Here's to finding peace in the act of redefining success.  Here's to finding true, fulfilling joy in simply being present to what is good and beautiful in this life."  Morgan Harper Nichols

I say it over and over....I love watching flowers unfurl....especially black eyed Susan.  They seem to gracefully dance as they open....like they are extending their arms in an elegant ballet move. I'm going to watching for them....everywhere I go.



Alyson sent this photo last evening....
I adored everything about it!


While watching TV....I doodled a mandala using black pen, markers and colored pencils. The center circles are fused fabric.

I cut it out and glued it into my art journal.....and it was just floating out there on the page.


So I tried to improve it a bit. 
These watercolor markers with the brush tips make nice teardrop shapes.


I also added some gold dots....and it may still be a work in progress.


I have the stubby middle page to play with sometime....
and an old gelli leaf print on a Portland Map....that needs improvement.  I like have these projects waiting in the wings.
 

2 comments:

  1. • I'm remembering my daughter's wedding day, photographer arrived at her home for pre-ceremony getting-dressed pix, we realized florist hadn't delivered bouquet to house, Meg and photographer pivoted and picked black-eyed Susans from the garden, photographs were fabulous : )
    • your art journal page that may still be a work in progress : )
    • projects waiting in the wings : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful story! I'm guessing it was "simply" beautiful. These kinds of twists make for such meaningful memory. BTW....all the flowers in my wedding were from the neighborhood backyards.....so I can really relate to this.

      Delete