C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 30, 2023

Hydrangea Love

It's the last day of the month....so Paul and I continued our new ritual of Monthly Celebrations.  We've had a few challenges this month....but there was also much to celebrate.

At the end of every month we are lifting up things we are grateful for and want to celebrate.  I described this new ritual here:

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2023/05/monthly-celebrations.html


I stopped at the bank today....and a beautiful hydrangea shrub was blooming at the entrance.  You just never know when and where you will be stopped in your tracks. One shrub....and every bloom was different.

 



These soft colors take my breath away!


And just a quick follow-up from a few days ago when I shared the 4 x 6 cards with the translucent stones.  I wondered what the 3rd one was (there were three of us in the exchange) and it was the one I did for me....so I it was right in my studio.  There's a little too much going on....but here it is.  And here's the link again to the post about this card exchange and my tracing paper stones....with a touch of gold.

4 comments:

  1. Lifting up that for which we are grateful and want to celebrate—what a terrific end-of-month practice! In this moment, as the month draws to a close, I am grateful for and celebrating that my daughter Meg and her family are traveling in our direction to share a week with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful! I hope you have a wonderful time together! I'm wondering where she is traveling from? Grandchildren in tow?

      Delete
    2. thanks! up from Shenandoah Valley area of VA. Yup, grandkids in tow : )

      Delete