C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 4, 2023

The Other Two

"Whatever you accomplished today is enough."

I'm enjoying coming up with the color cards for our Rainbow Connection shared art project....and I look forward to getting a card in the mail every few weeks. But it's just as much fun see the other two cards that were traded.  I'm always inspired!

Brenda painted persimmons for Becky.  I think they're wonderful...so soft and pretty. The pale blue background sets them off nicely.

Becky painted oranges for Brenda and I love how she turned them into a repeated background. We were on the same link with the monarch....and the little orange tabby was a nice touch....I especially love the placement!  I think we are all enjoying this project! t's time to finish up my yellow card...it goes in the mail this week to Brenda.


I have several rainbows on the shelf in the playroom. The actual rainbow is a wooden puzzle...the colorful balls twist and pivot in all directions....and of course a jar of rainbow marbles.  


And this little wooden manipulation toy is a favorite!


I looked back at the blog to find some photos of the play/TV room...and actually chuckled when I found this post from almost a year ago....there's a lot of ORANGE!!!

The rainbow colors in the toy are much more vivid in the backyard.



  

2 comments:

  1. Love the wooden manipulation toy! Playing with such gizmos can bring such a terrific blend of engagement, challenge, calming, and satisfaction : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have dozens of gizmos....some of them handmade by my sister. I keep a basket of fiddle toys in a basket in the living room....and always have them available for gatherings.

      Delete