C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Bloom Parts

"Things are shockingly possible!"  Adam J. Kurtz

My bowman's root from my sister Nancy is blooming!  
It's such a dainty little flower...and such a handsome plant.


Look at how sweet the little buds are!


I started this card late last night....that's never a good idea. I kept going this morning....and ended up not loving it.


I actually had just as much fun this afternoon doing a bit of a critique....which I'm calling Bloom Parts. I thought this exercise would help me make some better decisions next time.

Then I thought....maybe I can make some improvements.  Turns out....permanent glue stick isn't so permanent. It's definitely better! Can you spot the two changes?  

8 comments:

  1. Yes! Improved version! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Kristin! I do think it's better!

      Delete
  2. Good game! Took me a while to find a second one. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to be contrary (goes with the name!), I think I would like the second flower back, but maybe the size and more constrained colors of the substituted circle. I must congratulate you in any case for "fixing." I just walk away from anything I try that I'm not happy with. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion Mary....I never mind contrary. Maybe a circle...with a small flower in the center? I'm going to keep playing around with these letters....they're addictive!

      Delete