C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 19, 2023

Starburst Stitching

As most of you know....I love all the greens in my garden.  I do have some color....but it's mostly shades and textures of greens. I know you've seen this view before...and I can guarantee that you'll see it again....it just makes me happy. 


A year ago during a sketching and watercolor class with Jane LaFazio, we were tasked with mixing as many greens as we could with watercolor.  I chose to do circles.  

I'm using my little class assignment as my starting place for my green card in our Rainbow Connection project.  I can write about this card before it's done because we keep this one...so the only surprise will be seeing what the others do.

These photos were taken in the evenings...so the lighting isn't great.....but I've been adding little stitched starbursts to my circles as I watch TV. I started with a variety of greens including variegated floss. But it occured to me that I should pop in a little pink and yellow to honor the blooms that I'm celebrating in my garden.  This variegated thread has both pink and yellow...along with the green....so seemed just right. I'm enjoying this slow starburst stitching in the evenings and I'll share the finished card in the next day or two.


My first rain lily bloom is fully open and I'm going 
to enjoy the yellow day lilies for several weeks. 



You can see the circle with the variegated thread on the lower left....and I added a few that were all pink. It was the right decision....it adds some interest to this green card.....and honors my late spring blooms.
The bowman's root is the perfect backdrop for the rain lily....
and you can see I have several buds coming. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Your sampler of greens is a work of art in itself but, like a spring garden, it is coming into full bloom with your stunning starburst stitching. SO appealing visually and texturally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I love these simple slow stitching projects.....they are mindfully mindless.

      Delete