C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 26, 2023

Chalky

I was quite taken with this sidewalk art by Waylon and...? I think I need to have some chalk in the house so I'm prepared when kids are visiting.  Or maybe I would just forge out on my own.  

A few days ago when I was scrolling through Melissa Sweet's Instagram page....this video made me smile. 
She likes sidewalk chalk too! 

When I made my little doodle collage card yesterday....I started a second one at the same time and I finished it today.  Same idea....same partial zig zag....same polka dotted envelope liner idea. Time to move on.


I did a light whitewash on this one....so it almost has a chalky look! 

2 comments:

  1. What did you use for your light whitewash? I like the subtle scribbly inscriptions on this card—asemic writing? actual words?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite wash is golden fluid Zinc White paint....it's very translucent. I can paint it on....then wipe some of it off. Your pieces actually inspired the asemic writing. I've done it before....but your pieces reminded me to use it again. They are not actual words....just things in my head as I scribbled.

      Delete