C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

More Joy!

"All the colors I am inside have not been invented yet." 
Shel Silverstein

We had some rain overnight....and these dogwood blooms were heavy with water.

 Look at those water droplets on the stem!

I've been participating in Workshop Week 23....where 40 artists are offering short video lessons on a variety of art projects.  And when I say participating I mostly mean puttering on this and that while the videos are playing in the background.  There are several videos offered each day and they're available for free for only 24 hours. You have unlimited access if you pay. So I'm picking and choosing as I have time....and just doing the free version.


I was most excited about the hand cut lettering lesson by Lynn Giunta.  I've been following her for quite some time and just love her messaging and her colorful and whimsical style. I've shared her work here several times. It's so full of joy...literally and figuratively.  This was her Instagram post today.

https://www.instagram.com/lynn_giunta/

Her class piece was "MORE HAPPY".....and I went with MORE JOY!

There are parts of it I like....but I'm so glad I'm finally experimenting and can't wait to play more. I've spent time these last couple of days prepping more paper with simple dots and lines.  The tone on tone patterns are just right for these colorful and chunky letters.  More to come! Thanks Lynn!


I used mostly embellished scrapbook paper...it's the perfect weight for easy cutting. But I also used found papers like junk mail and gift bags. I went a little overboard on the flowers....but other then that....not bad for my first try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment