C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 9, 2023

Another Daisy Doodle

"We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world." Helen Keller

But I'm so glad there is also joy! 

I took another look at the lupin field on the Eastern Promenade in Portland. It seemed to be just rounding the corner of peak....with still a few more baby lupin to come. 

I hope the kids from the East End Community School you see in the background take walks through the lupin field....then go back to the classroom and read Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney.


It's such a beautiful setting for lupin with 
downtown Portland is off to one side.....


....and Back Bay off to another.

 I gave the daisy doodle another try...this time with shades of blue.  

I did most of it in an evening....and forgot to take any process photos.  But it was done in exactly the same way I did the yellow one.

Again....I was compelled to leave one of the squares alone.  

I love to stitch on paper....and I just love this view! 
It's also a very simple and permanent way to attach the collage to the card.


I thought the paper for this liner was a good match!
Happy Birthday Anita!

4 comments:

  1. blue blooms tremendously appealing to me; leaving one square untouched brilliant; envelope liner terrific. hope to talk more/again about your suggestion to me awhile ago about stitching (my) non-standard sized art to standard sized paper to pave the way for ease of framability. [i'm on vaca this week so may be in absentia online]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! Happy to chat anytime! Have a great time on vacation...looking forward to see what influences your art while you're away! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I remember reading Miss Rumphius to my kids years ago. Have always loved lupins, too. Even the leaves are lovely.

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly one of my favorite children's' books. And what's not to love about lupin!

      Delete