C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Purple Pimentos

I was visiting Patty down the street a few days ago and was excited to see her iris patch was budding out. I am quite fond of flowers in the bud stage....and I love the process of unfurling.

The deep periwinkle blue was incredible....all that fabulous color concentrated in that tight bud.


Look at that spiral!


Then last evening after the rain I walked down to see how they were doing.  
Much to my delight...several of the buds had opened up.  


It's amazing that all of that beauty was tucked into that little bundle of a bud. I was so surprised to see those aqua blue stripes in the center.


They're more blue when they are budding....
and more purple when they open.
 


In honor of Patty's iris....I added a little pop of iris to my art journal.
The olive green polka dotted edge were already there.


I added a few more details making the page more cohesive.
Now they DO look like green olives with purple pimentos!

No comments:

Post a Comment