C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Yellow Flower Doodle

It's time for yellow....bananas, lemons, daffodils, the sun, peppers, corn on the cob, rubber duckies, bumble bees, school buses, dandelions, canaries, and smiley faces! ðŸ˜€

Brenda got my yellow card today...so I can share my little doodle experiment.  It started as a practice run...but I ended up liking it enough for it to be my finished card in our Rainbow Connection project. I had several ideas....and I was fairly certain it would have something to do with the sun.  But I ended up with this daisy doodle instead.

It was actually inspired by a doodle video that came across my Instagram Feed. I watched it over and over....and kept thinking...maybe I could use painted paper squares instead of drawn squares. 

So that's what I did.

This is the inspiration doodle by Shannon of doodillusion and can be found here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CstcZTOABoX

I just used the yellow papers I had on hand...it was supposed to be just an experiment after all.  They all were mostly on the golden yellow side and I wished I had more of a variety of shades. I overlapped them as I collaged...similar to the way Shannon drew the squares in the video. It's hard to tell from the photo...but several of the papers have gold accents. 


I outlined the squares....drew in the daisy shapes
and colored in the negative spaces with a black marker. I left one square empty...just because. I colored in the centers with a white paint pen and a touch of yellow and pink.


I edged the background card stock with black and white striped tissue 
paper and stitched on the daisy doodle collage.  


When you look closely you can see the variation in the papers. 
It occurred to me after I finished that my doodles could have 
easily been suns rather than daisies!  May have to try that!


I kept the back very simple...some painted commercial metallic paper...
and just a bit of sunshine! And I did have a yellow envelope liner...but forgot to take a photo. Yellow card for the Rainbow Connection project. ✔
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment