C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Stitched Flower Doodles

This continues to be one of my favorite birds eye views of my garden with all the textures and shades of green. I think I'll have to do some dividing this fall....it's getting a little crowded!

Sometimes a little joy shows up in an unexpected way.

I found this little stick in the woods as I was filling the bird feeder.  I'm absolutely fascinated by how the bark peeled in this striped pattern. It's a keeper! 

Let the mystery be!

I'm still having fun experimenting with machine stitched flower doodles. I'm not sure what I'll ultimately do with these...but I'm enjoying the process....so that's all that matters at this point.

I wondered about variegated thread....and I wondered about combining a couple different stitches into one flower head.

A few of these are quite interesting....and few other stitch patterns I'm not sure I'll use again.   

I think the one on the right looks like it's from a future world...like a George Jetson world. And I love the way the tall one on the left turned out too.  And the tall skinny one with the curvy stem just makes me smile.

I think the combination of stitches is a win! 

I made the little piece before I found this image online....
the connection to the Jetsons Orbit City is clear!


I added a few french knots and a little sequence for interest
The blue thread has a shimmer.


Simple Joy! Literally! They're like little plant doodles.

2 comments:

  1. All of these art pieces are, once again, giving me a daily smile with the color and creativity. I'm going to have to try these flowers with my machine. I think the one with the wavy stem looks like a butterfly or an insect taking off in flight!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy....I'm certainly having fun with it. I hope you give it a try. I didn't think of the butterfly or insect with the wavy stem....but I see it now! Fabulous!

      Delete