C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 14, 2023

White

It was white that caught my attention today.  
When you collect white...is it considered non color collection?

It started with this beautiful lacecap hydrangea on our morning walk.


The ghost plants are growing taller....and 
there are now 7 or 8 clumps in the woods.
Did I mention that are sometimes called corpse plant?


My filipendula is blooming....it's so lacy and delicate. 
So many stages of opening in this one flower.


And I've been watching this allium all spring and summer.  At first I didn't think anything was going to happen....and the foliage didn't look that good.  But several weeks ago I notice 3 buds....and this one is just finally starting to break out of its sheath.  I thought I bought pink...but white will be good.  It will be like a little puff ball.


This is what it looked like just before our trip.....
and I was worried I was going to miss it.


I collected some white....on my evening walk.



White weeds can be beautiful when you look closely!

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, you've captured a "Whiter Shade of Pale"! What a beautiful collection you amassed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't have made the connection to that song.....love it! And Thank you....I enjoyed collecting white.

      Delete