C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Start Somewhere

"The world falls apart constantly and comes together just as constantly in new and surprising ways....because that's how life works. It may take some time to come to this...but the only real question is how you will delight in that."  Brian Andreas

My art journal is filling up....

but I've had a blank section right in the middle just waiting for the right inspiration.  I had ripped 3 pages at various widths so they would stack up....and I knew an idea would present itself sooner of later. 

I had to start somewhere.....and the notion of using what I already had was my inspiration.

I wrote out this quote for Tracie's "delight" page in our our accordion book shared art project. I misspelled the word "question" on this version....so cut it out.  I ended up doing another version for her book....so this one could go into the art journal.  

I thought it paired well with this circle painting I did on Cranberry Island 
so decided to cut it up and layer it on the stacked pages.


I added the word "question" behind the quote to fall in the opening and cut up the circle painting and stitched the four pieces into the book.


I do like the way it all stacks up....and I'll fill in the negative spaces with words...doodles...or something.



The backs will be a challenge....but I'll figure something out.
"Everything is figureoutable!"  


I had to start somewhere....
and now I get to play on all these pages.

2 comments:

  1. Stupendous start, MaryAnn. Your post reminds me that SOMEwhere I have a simple painting I made several years ago that would celebrate what you've done here. Perhaps I'll locate that little painting. Goodness knows where I'd even begin to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....I hope you find it at some point. I love that this post sparked an idea! I was pretty tickled with the start....and am looking forward to the creative journey that these pages will take me on!

      Delete