C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Tiny Starts

I finally have two tiny starts to my white rain lilies. 

I absolutely love the white ones....so this is pretty exciting news for me.  If you are new to the blog and haven't seen a white bloom...you're in for a treat! I'll keep you posted!

The pink ones have been blooming slow and steady.

Inspired by Dotty's little purple painting....I made a tiny start on some of the circle backs in the art journal.  I tried to create a textured background with just watercolor.  

The little colored circles at the bottom just appeared in one of my stash bins and I actually loved the juxtaposition of the perfect circles the loose watercolor.  And it gives a nod to the colors in the quote peaking through from the previous page. Now...let's see what I can do with the rest of the page.  One tiny start at a time.
Dotty shared her "start" list for the day....and it made me smile picturing her doing all her tasks. And Melodie actually took a little painting out of the trash as a restart challenge.  And she had a clean piece ready to start another.  JOY!

2 comments:

  1. One tiny start begets another and that, my friends, is where magic wakes up.

    If I don't start to head towards bed right now I'm gonna find myself in a heap on the floor.

    That's all she wrote, folks! G'night!

    ReplyDelete