C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 7, 2023

One More Blue

   Here's Becky's blue card she made for Brenda.  Becky has been coloring for years....so she had all shades of blue markers! I do love this layered look...well done Becky!


Just a sweet little stem on the back...
with a little blue gem.  Nice touch Becky!


Remember I said I was going to do a little acrylic asemic writing in the art journal?  That's what I did with my fine line applicator.

Asemic writing is not meant to be read....and can be a mixture of letters and shapes....or anything you want.  When I do asemic writing....I have thoughts in my head and just pretend to write them down....kind of scribbling like I did when I was a kid.  Every once in awhile I'll make something look like a letter....and I'll occasionally cross a "t" or dot an "i" or make a big loop.  It makes me to feel like I'm writing my private thoughts...but nobody is able to read them.  


I'm not sure my watercolor painting was all that successful....
I just tried to just be loose.


I do think it flows with the circles....and
it may need some sort of a focal point.  Or not.
I'll get the companion page done...then decide.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of asemic writing (which the auto-incorrect feature in word-processing wants to amend to say 'anemic' writing!)—your post was such fun to explore! I'm very taken with the white on white just as it is. A question: do you ever do a layer of water color first and then overlay the asemic writing, v. writing then painting?

    Becky sure knows how to play the blues! Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite taken with the white on white too.....I'm guessing a time will come soon when I will leave it right there. It looks kind of lacy. Yes...I've done the fineliner writing on top of the paint.....mostly it's been over acrylic paintings or gelli prints.

      Delete
  2. The water color effect on the asemic writing reminds me of my hydrangea. :-D Cool effect.

    ReplyDelete