C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 27, 2023

3 Scraps

There's nothing simpler than a 3-scrap collage.

I used one of my patio paintings...a purple striped gelli print...and some painted metallic commercial paper so assemble this little 3 inch square.  I'll come up with a cation when I know where this card is going.

And now I have a fun little pile of cutoffs to play with.


Yesterday there were just a few tiny bursts on this bud....and look at it today!
The intricate details blow my mind!  


And just in case you were wondering (ha ha...I know you weren't)...I did start my Wordle puzzle this morning with "bingo."  Sometimes it's just as helpful knowing what letters are NOT in the word....and "bingo" served me well.  I've been waiting for "peace" to show up....I always associate this word with Margie.  I haven't been able to visit her for weeks....and I miss her. 



2 comments:

  1. Your three-scrap collage has an appealing simplicity while still showcasing a host of detail: texture, horizontals, verticals, diagonals, dots, circles, matte and satin finishes, stitches. Well done! And that pile of cutoffs—can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha....you sure know how to make something so simple sound intentional and special. I so think a lot of these things are in my mind when I combine patterns and textures...but it's nice to see this list in writing. Thanks for boosting my confidence Dotty!

      Delete