C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 11, 2023

Poking Around Partner

Every once in a while I am compelled to share this view of my garden.  There is something about the perspective from this spot...including whatever shoes I have on...that just makes my heart sing.  

With all the rain the plants have doubled in size...and the many shades of textured greens are lush and and beautiful.  And the best part is that the garden extends well beyond this little view. And although you can't see it...my sweet meadow rue is dangling just above it.  "Sometimes I need only to stand wherever I am to be blessed."  Mary Oliver

My partner Paul is home!  Yay!

Yesterday's post continued....I just had to.  

Speaking of partner.....

my friend and neighbor Patty was my poking around partner yesterday.  We shopped a little downtown...then headed to the junk beach.



 Our beach mission was to collect some of the metal shavings that are littered along the high tide line.  I wrote about the junk beach and the metal shavings here in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2018/06/junk-beach.html


Patty had seen an artist's version of a nest made out of these shavings...and she wanted to give it a try.  So we started collecting.  This photo is not her pile....her stash is in the green bag. This is a photo of a gnarly clump that is twisted and embedded into the rocks and sand....impossible to pick up. 

The junk beach is a strange and fascinating place....


....with sweeping views of the Portland skyline.


Another great find at the beach was a large piece of driftwood. It took both of us to haul it from the beach to my car...then to her backyard berm.  It looks right at home here at the edge of her hydrangea garden. 

3 comments:

  1. The driftwood looks totally at home in Patty's garden. Great job, you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That piece has a lot of character....it needed to come home.

      Delete
  2. While the metal shavings definitely are interesting- who doesn't love a good curly cue;) - how sad that this beach is holding these things. Was the factory that close or was this runoff? Actually seems quite dangerous for a walk. The driftwood is quite the find!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete