C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 21, 2023

The Backside

I think I'm finally on the backside of this COVID thing.  I'm not symptom free yet.....but this is the first day that I had glimpses into feeling more like myself. I tended to a few household chores, completed a few Condo Board Committee tasks....and puttered around in my studio. I'm going to keep taking it slow.

Speaking of backside....I also did a simple design and quote on the back of my Rainbow Connection pink/coral card.  I knew I needed to circle back to Kimberly's childhood comment about how it wasn't fair that pink wasn't in the rainbow.  It will always be in mine from now on!

I could have done better....but I'll take done over better.  


Here's another look at the front.

This beautiful owl was right outside Roseanne's back deck this morning. 
I've only seen a handful in my whole life.


And these were Alyson's photos from last night's exchange...
they took my breath away!


 

2 comments:

  1. The pink/coral backside makes a perfect pairing with the frontside, MaryAnn! My eye is especially delighted with the diagonals and the touches of glittery gold.

    And I'm so happy for you that you're getting glimpses of healthy you. I can feel the shift in energy, even with mindfully taking it slow : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence Dotty....I can see SOOO many ways I could have done better. This will live on as my COVID backside. I do love that glittery paper! I am feeling the shift...but boy!...I get tired easily.

      Delete