C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Painting On The Patio

It was another spectacular summer day.  I puttered with this and that....and even did a little painting on the patio. It may become a thing. 

Before I got sick I had done more scribbles and doodles on watercolor paper with gold and white acrylic paint....and there they sat.

So I took a couple sheets out to the patio this this afternoon and painted while I watched the birds.

Initially, I started these doodles for an inchie challenge.
I did a few...but never got back to it.  


I went kind of crazy with circles...some in white and some in gold. 
I like the way the paint just puddled inside the acrylic ring.


I thought I wanted the little white dots to show up more....
so I did a light wash over this one....  



....and couldn't stop myself from doing it on this one too.


I like this colorful pile of patio paintings!


Collage fodder? Card making parts?  Who knows!  
But painting on the patio was just what the doctor ordered.

5 comments:

  1. Rx: puttery patio painting. Perfect! Love the defined acrylic rings surrounding puddled puttery patio painting : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last one. I very much reminds me of being at the beach in the fall: water too cold, but it's too nice of a day to not be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a challenging week here these are bringing me much peace and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a challenging week for me too. I am so glad you found some peace and inspiration here. Thanks for reaching out Lou!

      Delete