C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 31, 2023

Like Riding a Bike

You know summer is winding down when the the sedum starts to show its color. I love this early stage with all the subtle color and texture!

There are not too many things that bring me more joy than facilitating creativity.  Whether it's sharing supplies, ideas, or techniques...it ALL brings me joy.

I was pretty excited that several people asked me for my star video.  And I have to chuckle...because technology is just not my thing...so sending the video was more challenging than it should have been. But I responded to everyone....one at a time with an email and links from my computer...then an email to everyone from my phone with my video attachment.  For some reason I couldn't attach the video in my computer email.  Sometimes I just have to chuckle and myself.

I made the video back in 2019....and I think I should update it with better directions.  I tried to put it up on YouTube so there would be easier access than email....but YouTube wouldn't accept the format.  I need a tech coach. I need Clarke!

But seriously I do LOVE sharing!  Thanks for reaching out!

I had an unusually busy day out and about...and by the end of these recent days...I'm still pretty tired. But overall....I'm SO much better.   

Then....late this afternoon I took my Bob Dylan star box out to the patio...to refresh myself on making making stars...and put my feet up for a while.

You know how I love a good box....and this good box story is here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2018/02/box-love.html  I'm going to start keeping this star box handy.


It was just like riding a bike!
I'm back in business!


I thought I would post here on the blog most of what I put in the emails to folks who reached out.....just in case anyone else is interested in giving stars a try.  I reference a post with a few links to instructions and and videos....and I found another YouTube video this morning.

Thanks for your interest in the stars!  

And as I look at my video again it makes more sense after you look at some written and visual directions I found online.  That's what I did for Elle...so my video is really some tips and tricks that help with the process after you read about it.  I should remake the video with more instruction...and maybe I can put it on youtube.  

The width of your strip is what determines how big your star is.  And it's probably easier to start on medium sized ones...maybe 1/2 inch or a little more.  

Check out the links in this post:

And I found this video this morning:

I was terrible when I started....it just takes practice.  

Enjoy your day!  MaryAnn
Attachments are

4 comments:

  1. Um, how is it that NOWHERE in the directions is ANY mention made of the requisite BOB DYLAN BOX???!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha....you crack me up! But the truth is....if you want to have stars ready to fold on a regular you have to find a spectacular box. The Bob Dylan box is about as good as it gets!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing here. I’m going to try the stars this afternoon and I can’t wait. You always inspire me! Enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete