C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 4, 2023

As Long As It Needs

"If I don't have red, I use blue." Pablo Picasso

Life happens....so the timing for a few of the cards in our Rainbow Connection project might be a little off.  I'm going to share and celebrate cards as they are received by the new owner.....and the rest of the project can take as long as it needs. We're still tying up the blue....several of the purples are on their way....and we'll wind it up keeping our own coral/pink later in the month.  Or whenever it works. 

This is a linocut print that Brenda did for Becky. The design is based on traditional Japanese patterns, which are often done in blue.  I love the simple shapes and geometry....and this particular inky blue. And I especially love the negatives spaces created by the print.  Well done Brenda!
Speaking of blue....the paint color I chose for the hallway table is more blue than I remembered....I did buy the paint over 6 months ago after all.

I thought I chose one that was more blue/green....but I'm auditioning it the space...and mulling it over. 
The clerk at the paint store said I really shouldn't put anything on it for at least a month....and preferably two. Really? So I didn't leave the plant....and I'll try to give the paint as long as it needs to cure.  The blue might actually be the right color....because that's the color it is right now! There's something very satisfying about a "start" turning into a "done!"


I think it goes well with my gallery wall!
I wrote about this project here.


Now it's done! 
He doesn't weigh much....
so can stay there as long as he wants to.

6 comments:

  1. Color looks great in photos, and I love the baseball player. We have a counterpart character that lives in our home, a black & white cow that symbolizes a long-standing 'inside' joke with granddaughters ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Dotty! Love the idea of your character cow. Every home needs something like that!

      Delete
  2. Love the new blue! It looks wonderful and complements the pictures on the wall across. It’s the perfect size and kudos for your leg work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lou ! I like it! And I think your comment on "leg work" has duo meaning...made me smile. Thanks for chiming in!

      Delete
  3. The table looks pretty good in blue. :-) I think it's a great choice, but of course it's your decision. LOL (for whatever reason blog is not allowing me to sign in with my google acct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanke Elle! I like it too! I have no idea what goes on with signing in...and the ins and outs of commenting on the blog. It makes me just dizzy....and overwhelmed. Thank you for finding your way around it....I love hearing from you!

      Delete