C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Slow and Steady

"The greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find them."  Roald Dahl.

This was our found object this morning.  I can't even imagine what it's from...it's hard plastic and resembles a flower from this angle.  It's like a little pile of dense green balls.  

I finished a page in the art journal today...and the green balls fit right in.

I've been wanting to finish up this little series in the middle of my art journal....and chose this quote by Roald Dahl. I gathered a few supplies and headed to the patio to enjoy the lovely late summer day.

I drew some guidelines and sketched out the letters in pencil and went over them in black pen. Then I erased my pencil lines.

By the way....this is the best eraser I've ever used.  It was recommended by Wendy Solganik during the Love Your Imperfect Lettering course. Works like a dream!

I did a light watercolor wash in the negative spaces using similar colors from the previous pages. The pages in this journal are not the best for watercolor...but it worked OK.

The green circle strip was a cut-off from a previous painting...I used a piece for my green Rainbow Connection project.  It was the perfect size to edge the page.


I still have the other 1/2 of this spread to fill....then this little series will be done.


I like the way the circles peak through in the upper corner
of the first page of the series.


My white rain lily blooms are slow and steady.  Two are about done...one will open tomorrow....and 4 or 5 are coming.  Slow and steady also describes my COVID progress.  I am not 100% yet...but so much better.  Tomorrow will make two full weeks...and right now it feels like I'm at the end of a bad cold.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the eraser recommendation, MaryAnn. I LOVE a good eraser! Look at that deliciously stuffed journal, with all its threads inviting us in! Very glad to hear that you are making stead progress in returning to health, slow though it may be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used a moldable eraser mostly....but this one is amazing! It's just so clean! And yes...I love the chunky journal with all the threads hangning out.

      Delete