C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Almost

I was so happy to have Paul back...not only for his company and sunny personality....but for all the things he does around the house.  He's the chief cook and bottle washer. But Paul tested positive for COVID this morning....so he is isolating and I'm back on my own. Sam and I are hoping we steer clear....time will tell.  So far his symptoms are manageable...let's hope it stays that way.  Until now...neither one of us has had it.

Just because I haven't written about a puzzle in a while....doesn't mean I haven't been working on one.  I always have one going....I've just been practicing restraint.  But the floodgates are opening today....and you're getting all the photos at one time that I almost posted along the way.  

I almost wrote about this one back at the beginning of the month.  This is how I often start the big ones that fill my table...working on the top chunk before moving it up and connecting the border. 
I almost wrote about it when I did finally did just that.... and it was fun to move to the bottom chunk. And it always feels good to have the border all together.


I almost wrote about it when I realized this was going to be a good one for Margie.  Since she works on a board on her lap....she prefers smaller ones so she can manage the pieces more easily.  But you can see that this one can easily be divided into three layers....so I will put it away in chunks.  She'll have three 333 piece puzzles!


I almost wrote about it when to my delight I woke up to a couple little piles of pieces to work on with my breakfast and coffee.  I love it when I do that ahead of time!


I almost wrote about it yesterday because I was in the home stretch.  I was down to one box of pieces (from 6) and the last pieces were just falling into place. 
It was almost done!


And...I'm writing about it today because it is done. 
I can't wait to share it with Margie!    
It's almost time to start another one.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful puzzle and accompanying story, but I'm sorry to hear you ALMOST have Paul back … but not quite : (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! All will be well....at some point.

      Delete