C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

"Get To"

The air is cool and dry....the windows are open....and I'm actually enjoying getting to do my chores and daily tasks again.

I started with the things that are alive: tending to the birds, the plants...inside and out.

Then I sat down for a while.

My fragrant royal standard hosta buds are starting to open....
and these sweet little purple buds are starting to show their color.
I wrote about this plant a year ago in this post:

Then I moved to the other time sensitive things like finishing and getting out a  Condo Newsletter....which I call "In And Around Parsons Pond." It takes a lot of time...but it's one of the important way I contribute to my condo community.

Then I took a nap.

I heard once that by shifting your thinking from "I have to" to "I get to" do things like chores and tasks makes things seem more appealing. Being sick for a week also puts that "get to" bounce into my chores steps.  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see what you got to do today, MaryAnn! Chores and sitting down, tasks and napping, drafting and publishing : )

    ReplyDelete