C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Auditioning

When I first trimmed up my starburst....I started auditioning centers.  This was a cutout from some commercial paper that I had painted pink. It was a little underwhelming.  

The card is just sitting on a 4 inch piece of cardstock at this point...it's not glued yet.  It's just helps me visualize when there's a frame.

I liked it better with a black and white striped border....but still not quite right.


So in hopes for something better....I painted some gold swirls with a fine line applicator on pink gelli print last night. And just for fun....I painted some dots....because you never know when you might need them!    

The minute I cut one out this morning...I knew it was right.  It was that "in light of day" thing again.    


In hindsight....I actually might have liked the white border better.  Or maybe cream or a very light pink or coral would have been nice.  But I used a darker pink...and I'm happy enough with it. The front is done!


Anything with metallic accents is hard to photograph...it looks so much better in person. The whole things just glows....and I actually love it.


Now I just need something for the back....
....and I think I know what I want it to say. 
Stay tuned.


4 comments:

  1. Your gold swirl, with its asymmetries and 'imprecisions' is the perfect foil (unintended sorta pun acknowledged) for the careful placement and alignment of the triangles in your starburst. Further, the gold swirl makes for an assertive-without-being-aggressive center. Well played, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a glowing (pun intended) comment Dotty...and much appreciated. I thought it was a good choice! I hadn't even thought of some of these aspects.

      Delete
  2. The gold definitely added the spark!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....spark is that this one os all about. It even looks like a spark!

      Delete