C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Speaking Of.....

I was mesmerized as I watched this bumble bee collect pollen from my meadow rue....nature's worker bee....busy at work.  


"The hum of bees is the voice of a garden." Elizabeth Lawrence
Speaking of meadow rue.....
Tracie sent me a photo of her robust plant...which appears to be quite  happy.


Speaking of Tracie....
here's the "purrfect" purple card she created for Becky.
I love that all the cats are looking up at the blue speckles stars.
Or is it rain?


And...I'm pretty certain this is a nod to "Purple Rain"...
....so I'm going with rain on the cats.


Speaking of rain....
there are more white rain lily buds coming...and one new one is in full bloom.
I deadheaded the first bloom this morning....I love this full circle of life moment. Linda let me know that her white rain lily has 8 buds!!!

 

Speaking of full circle moments....here's Branda's card she made for Tracie. A beautiful mandala circle made from layers of acrylic paint, stamps, and penwork.  Well done Brenda!  I especially love the center!


Speaking of layers.....
I had fun with this layered "speaking of" post. It started with just one.....and it took on a life of its own. Sometimes I even make myself smile....and that's got to be a good thing.  

Speaking of good things....
Paul has been away for a week on his annual trip to the Rocky Mountains with his seminary buddies....probably the most restorative week of his year.  I've missed him....and the week has flown by pretty fast.  Sam and I have have been holding down the fort..and it will be a GOOD THING to have my partner back. 

Speaking of partner....
just kidding.  I could go on and on. 
I actually have a partner story...but I'll save it for tomorrow.  

4 comments:

  1. oh the knee bone's connected to the thigh bone, and the thigh bone's connected to the hip bone, and the hip bone's connected to the ……… great post!

    You and I were clearly on the same length today with our blog posts, MaryAnn, and mine even begins with you!! Is that synchronicity or what??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha...I thought the same thing. Synchronicity at its best!

      Delete
  2. These purple cards are phenomenal! Those cats! too funny/cute/puuurfect!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I love those cats too!!! This whole project has been so much fun.

      Delete