C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 29, 2023

All Time Favorites

It was cloudy today....but still a lovely fall day.  On my way home from a walk I had a nice visit with Robin, who lives just outside our condo complex.  I admire her orange paper lanterns every year...and she invited me to pick a bouquet. They are one of my all time favorite fall seed pods! Yay for Seed Season!

And it might not surprise you that I love this  brown dried one as much as the others.  The interesting thing is...they usually keep their bright orange color even when they're dry.  I don't know why it turned brown. It had a mind of its own...and now I love it even more.

For now I'm going to enjoy the bouquet on my puzzle table.
And as you can see the tiny tree puzzle is done. 

I really savored the end....doing just a few pieces at a time.  They just plopped in one right after another here at the end.   

There was something so satisfying about the sorting strategy...and it worked like a dream. Except when I didn't have a piece sorted correctly. 


If you look at the piece on the left....I was certain that was a tree top in the center.  But as you can see it's actually a tree bottom and I had it upside down in the box.  So for a while I was CERTAIN that the piece for that spot was missing....and that happened several times.  So I apologize to the previous owner for the moments I was disappointed in them for losing pieces. Right now I'm so grateful that they donated this beautiful puzzle to Goodwill.  It's right up there as one of my all time favorites.

2 comments:

  1. oh! We used to grow those lanterns in one of our gardens. Aren't they just the best?

    Thanks for sharing the puzzle piece misperceptions. So many little ins and outs and life lessons in the making of a jigsaw puzzle : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...they are the best!

      I have written many posts about life lessons I've learned from puzzles. I ALMOST turned this one into one of those...but just gave it a mention. So many ins and outs to everything....and they're all connected.

      Delete