C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Halfway

The last several evenings I've been cutting and folding 150 bits of paper.  This is my 18th year covering Christmas match boxes for Folly 101 in downtown Portland.

It's a mindfully mindless task....and oddly satisfying.  I haven't had to buy paper in years....and I might squeak another year or two out of what's still in my stash.  And it feels good to be using it up!

I'm halfway there....and it's time for glueing.  

I'm also halfway with the tiny tree puzzle....and  I was able to push it on on the table and connect the border. 


Still loving every minute!

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, your day embodied the JOWD in such a lovely way. I would have loved to sit with you, cutting and folding, chatting, sitting in silence. As it was today, I took you with me as I drove to my sister's home in Ipswich for an early morning walk in the coldest morning air since way earlier in the year—I'm not a big fan of feeling cold, but I set aside my inclination to grouse, and instead set an intention to find joy in the morning, following your everyday gracious lead. And find joy I did. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your chilly Ipswich walk with your sister sounds lovely. What a gift....I wish my sisters lived closer. I'm not a big fan of feeling cold either....bit when I bundle up...it's always worth it! Intention to find joy in the morning....I love it!

      Delete