C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, September 4, 2023

Free Motion Play

I played around with free motion stitching again today. 

I collaged the background using book pages and gelli prints.....added a bit of watery blue acrylic paint....and a light wash with transparent zinc white acrylic paint.  I used a white Posca pen to fill the leaves.


I would like to be able to sketch out the design before I stitch....so I could have just a bit more control.  There are a couple leaves I'd like a do over on the placement....and I bet you can guess which ones.  But I'm not sure about erasing pencil lines around the stitching.  Chalk?  I wonder if disappearing ink disappears on paper like it does on fabric.  I'll have to do more experimenting.

It just occurred to me that if I choose to paint the leaves white...I could draw them in white pen before I stitch. hmmmmm 

I wasn't certain I was going to fill in the leaves....but as soon as I did the stitching I could see that the leaves would benefit from some definition.  I'm going to play around with this concept more.....there are several more versions in my head.  



2 comments:

  1. I can feel the absorption and invention and free play and intention and not knowing here in your creative process. Lucky you to have such fullness in your day!

    ReplyDelete