C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 22, 2023

Happy Mail!

I won't be able to help myself from sharing interesting seed pods as often as I see them during this Seed Season....and I'm never going to grow tired of using that phrase. I love looking for seeds and pods...and I love when they just appear in my path.

This cluster caught my eye this morning as I was walking along the main road in our condo complex....it was hard to miss them. 

We are blessed with beautiful mature trees in the neighborhood....and this one is a large one.  My Picture This app says it's a lilac....and if it is...it's an unusual one.  



 
The seed pods are quite striking....and so prolific!
 

Roseanne sent me a box of what she calls happy mail.  It was little of this and a little of that including a beautiful vintage book.  All of it useful and fun. 

But what led to a little studio time today was this little package of tags with a ring.  

The tags are tiny...about 2" by 3"....a great size for using up scraps and playing with collage.  I haven't made much time for art lately....but I carved out some time today to sit at my table and play with scissors and glue. 

Thanks for the happy mail Roseanne!

I'm going to do something on the back of each card too....
why wouldn't I!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, that packet of tags! and oh my gosh, the places you went with scraps, scissors, and glue—the colors work with each other, the images 'bleeding' off the page bring an expansive feel to a tiny bit of real estate, and you've created a balance between busy and not too busy. great contrasts in shape, size, and content of collage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....that's a big comment for a tiny little tag! Thanks Dotty....my favorite phrases/observations are: "tiny bit of real estate" and "balance between busy and not too busy." I actually like it too....so I'll take it as a win!

      Delete