C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

JOWD

There's nothing quite like a walk on an early autumn day.  The air is crisp and cool this time of year...and the there are glimpses of the changing season everywhere you look.  


I'm not sure how I missed acknowledging and celebrating the first day of autumn....but I welcome it with open arms.  There is something about this winding down season that alerts all my senses and comforts my soul. 

I often feel excitement...or sometimes anxiety as I anticipate things and events. But I've been thinking all day about the joy...or relief I sometimes feel as things wind down.  

JOWD = Joy Of Winding Down

4 comments:

  1. I have always loved fall-long before it was the popular thing to do. Comfort food, comfort clothes, comfort colors, and crisp clean air. JOWD- I shall have to ponder that a bit. But Dotty's comment- hilarious!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! Your "comfort" list is my list too! Thanks Kathy!

      Delete