C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 15, 2023

Color and Cut

We're expecting some remnants of Hurricane Lee tomorrow. It's always interesting to watch a storm pass through and it sounds like wind may be the major issue. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere.  

I have several blooms and more buds coming on my white rain lily....so I think I'll bring it inside tonight so it doesn't get blown around.

It's been a good year for this precious plant!

Becky sent me this photo today of the mother plant in Wisconsin.
It's blooming for the first time this summer...and I see more buds on hers too!


So what do you do with your pile of zinnia doodles?  
You color and cut them out. I started with more traditional colors...
then moved on to colors that weren't.  Why not!  I may add more shading and texture as I add them to cards. It was kind of relaxing!


Another lovely zinnia bloom in progress from our morning walk.

2 comments:

  1. Those cutouts are magnificent, MaryAnn! Colored with Posca pens or the like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I just used an inexpensive set of watercolor markers....but intend to do a little layering...with colored pencil or Posca. I'm going to play around with them today and see where this doodling...then coloring...then cutting journey will take me. I'm thinking it's going to lead to collage. The old D-C-C-C path!

      Delete