C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 30, 2023

For Better or Worse

"There are a whole lot of things in this world of ours you haven't started wondering about yet." James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

The days have been full and busy lately....but I still try to take the time to play a little bit at my craft table.  In honor of the fall colors and Seed Season...I did another little collage tag.  This time It was inspired by this collection of leaves and an oak papercut from my stash. 



My little gold dots don't show up unless the light hits them just right. For better or worse...this gold pen is one of my favorite tools. I wrote about it here:


The back is a little patchwork of gelli prints.  I used a zig zag stamp for the seams...and it was a little too strong.  So I just embraced the black and cut out these dots from another gelli print. I think they kind of look like tumbling seeds.  And I added a little "Jowd"....the joy of winding down!

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, that papercut oak leaf! And your playing at your craft table!

    Took notice of the magnificent tassels on ornamental grasses in our gardens today and thought: SEED SEASON! And realized how JOWD can be as spectacular as JOWU : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I love the grass tassels this time of year too....I feel some gelli printing coming on! JOWU? Joy of winding up? Yes! There's joy in all winding things!

      Delete