C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Roll With It

You have to just roll with what lands in front of you. And sometimes you have to wind up a bit...before you can wind down.

After a tip from my next door neighbor...we both hired a nice young man to powerwash and regrout our patio pavers. Plastic edging also needed to be added around our patio so the grout wouldn't keep washing out.  

Just after David sprayed down the grout yesterday.

The opportunity presented itself...and we just rolled with it. 

Everything had to come off the patio a few days ago....and plants and grass along the patio had to be dug up to make room for the edging.  





It was my task today to put the plants back...and I seized the 
opportunity to split things and do more cutbacks for the season.  I worked for more hours than I should have....and I'm tired. But it's a good...just rolled with it kind of tired....and that's a good thing.

Most of plants all around this corner were dug up, divided, and rearranged a bit. Still more to do....but I'll take a break for a day or two.  David is coming back tomorrow to seal the pavers and I shouldn't be out there making a mess!


Back in June I commented that most of this needed to be divided because  
it was bursting at the seams! We'll see how it looks next June!





2 comments:

  1. What a gift to have that just-rolled-with-it brand of physical-activity-induced being tired. Sleep tight! I look forward to seeing the 'after' photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something wonderful about the tired you feel after some hard work!

      Delete