C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Holiday Season

"Shout out to everyone who got through the day without taking nap!"  This made me chuckle. I've not always been a napper....but I think I'm becoming one!

I came across a gelli print with white blobs....and thought they gave a nod to seeds.  

So I cut a few out and assembled a simple collage on the back of my first tag in celebration of Seed Season.  

You may have noticed that I'm capitalizing Seed Season because I've decided to make it an official holiday season for me.

My tag just happened to coordinate with this spectacular zinnia Alyson sent me in our evening photo exchange.  It's two tones...and absolutely stunning!  I thought it might be a dahlia...but if you follow the stem down to the leaf...that looks like a zinnia....and my Picture This app agreed.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, your ring of tags is already spectacular and you've only just begun!

    Your naps quotation brings to mind the title of a book I read years ago by Barbara Holland, entitled Endangered Pleasures; In Defense of Naps, Bacon, Martinis, Profanity, and Other Indulgences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! And that's quite a list of pleasures! It's good indulge once in a while!

      Delete