C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Stacked Circles

More turtle heads just keep popping out...and the pop
 of pink is a welcome addition to the late summer garden.  


And our Seven Sons flower tree is blooming.


 I recently finished the little series in my art journal....it started with 
this circle watercolor that I cut up and stacked on the pages. I first wrote about it here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2023/07/start-somewhere.html


I worked this last page at the end of my COVID run where I had scribbled some of my symptoms in white paint.  My fineline applicator was a little clogged....so it didn't flow that well...but that was OK and seemed quite fitting actually.  When it was dry I went over it with a light wash of watercolor.


I had made this little circle piece using the white acrylic paint...then filled the circles in with watercolor and a little gold shimmer accent.  I thought the colors and shapes worked well with the theme.


I didn't necessarily want it in the middle.....


...so it landed in the lower corner and I add the papercut to balance out the page.  I think it all good enough for a personal art journal....and all the pieces and parts have meaning.  


Here's the completed stacked circle series: 
pages one and two


three and four


five and six


seven and eight.  
A dozen or more pages left in this journal....and there's no hurry.


2 comments:

  1. The writing from the clogged fine-line applicator couldn't be better! The hints of words please my eye and tease my mind to great delight. The gold shimmer adds a perfect pop.

    ReplyDelete