C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Cranberry Bogs

Patsy's get-a-way home is located on a point surrounded by 40 acres of land.... and cranberry bogs are scattered here and there on the property. 

My goal was to pick enough to make cranberry sauce for our Thanksgiving dinner....Patsy's goal was much loftier.

The cranberries are nestled in the soggy bogs....and quite beautiful when uncovered. It's messy work...but also kind of fun.

We wore blaze orange hats while we picked just in case.....it's hunting season after all.

I spy Patsy in these next photos.....you might have to zoom in on this first one.



Before Brian and Patsy built the house...we used to stay in this 
little cabin for our girls' get-a-ways.


Just enough.

We spread the cranberries out to dry.... then cleaned them up a bit while weeding out the a few duds.


A perfectly beautiful berry polka dot!

And since I couldn't stitch....I did a little doodle painting....and simple polka dots seemed to be my theme....maybe in honor of the lampshade I couldn't work on. 

I also did all kinds of doodle flowers and textured pages I can cut out for other projects. There will always be projects.



As I was writing this post....I remembered the card I made for our friends on Cranberry Island. I do love the mix of watercolor and collage.
And I do love the cranberry bogs.

4 comments:

  1. WOW. so much beauty and fun, such good friends, so many perfect polka dots! and CRANBERRIES! i LOVE that one of your souvenirs of these special days together will become cranberry sauce at your Thanksgiving table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...that's a great way to look at it Dotty! I will celebrate this beautiful place and these generous friends around my Thanksgiving table.

      Delete
  2. Cranberry polka dots- I love it! There's just something about the shape and variety of colors that makes cranberries so appealing. Beautiful card as well-
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete