C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, November 10, 2023

Simple Beauty

Melodie found this lovely poem in a magazine...making it a true found object. I was so touched that she thought to send it to me. 


It reminds of us to give thanks each day for the simple gifts of life...many of which we might not even notice unless we pay attention.


Today I'm grateful for these drying euonymus seeds on my window sill....the rich orange color is growing even more vibrant and the texture is becoming more interesting.

I'm also grateful for the dusting of snow I came home to yesterday making everything look just a little magical.

And the warmer temperatures overnight along with the light rain left water droplets  that dripped from branches and berries that sparkled in the morning light.

The fact that this leaf was upside down on the pavement made the colors appear soft and dreamy.

And I was tickled with all the colors and textures on this leaf. 

Simple beauty is around us everywhere. Thanks Melodie for the reminder to look for it.


2 comments:

  1. It is 530a as I write, and I'm just back from a predawn walk during which I noted the position of my long-time friend Orion in the predawn November sky and listened to a brief coyote choral piece being sung about a half mile in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's it fun to be tuned in....and notice all this wonderful sites and sounds? Well done Dotty!

      Delete