C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Happy Birthday Margie!

This was the view across our pond .this morning. A beautiful morning for a walk.

I'm writing this post on the eve of Margie's 92nd birthday....and we'll be quietly celebrating over the next several days.


I have known my mother-in-law for 45 years....most of that time with thousands of miles between us.  But we live in the same city now...and I am so grateful to have this amazing woman in my life on a regular basis.

Since I lost my own mother when I was in my 20's I've been lucky enough to have strong, motherly women in my life. Margie is at top of the list.

Reading to grandson Sam

These photos are from her 80th birthday bash....one of the only birthdays when most of the family was in the same place.  And we had a special guest show up.



And this is my all time favorite photo.  Margie is a quite sports fan and it wasn't unusual for her to be streaming the Colorado Rockies on the MLB app on her computer and simultaneously watching the Red Sox on TV this summer.

Several years ago she and Paul went to a Red Sox game of a cold damp day....but clearly they're having a great time! She's a good sport...and up for almost anything!

Happy Birthday Margie!
Let the birthday games begin!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Margie! My favorite photo = toddler Margie : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Margie! My mother-in-law turned 92 in September! What a gift to live this long. Enjoy the day, as well as all the days to come!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Yet one more thing we have in common! Most days Margie feels it's a gift to live this long....and we think that every day.

      Delete