C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

It's A Wrap!

Paul and I moved the birdbath to the corner of the patio...and we're heating it for the winter. This is the first day I've actually seen birds using it.  I have a great view from my chair where I enjoyed dozens of birds this morning...including 4 or 5 bluebirds.  Such a delight!

You know that feeling at the end of a Thanksgiving birthday celebration?  That's how we feel.  Tired and full.....but quite content.  Paul and I had a wonderful feast and a delightful day celebrating his 65th birthday.  It's a wrap! 

Once again I'm sharing this 1978 photo from the first time Paul met my parents. We were on Thanksgiving break from college...and we celebrated his birthday.  My mom put candles all over the table.....just like I did today. (Yes...I pulled out our smaller tree today...I'm getting ready to slide into the next holiday!)

It's also a wrap on the Penguin books puzzle. One of the things I loved about this puzzle was the matt finish.  Most puzzle are glossy...and I really enjoyed handling these pieces.  
It's time to pull out my Christmas puzzles! 


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. One of my favorite photos too! And maybe what I love most about it that I didn't say in the post is that all the candles on the table were pig candles (I grew up on a pig farm)....and I'm wearing my dad's brown sweatshirt.....and when Paul stood up to blow out all the candles on the table....he put his shirt in the cake. My parents loved him right from the start!

      Delete
  2. Love this extra backstory! Our counterpart story: Dave drove from MA to PA for my younger sister's wedding rehearsal dinner. It was not the first time he'd met my family, but would have been only the 2nd or 3rd time. Traffic on the highway was such that he made the executive decision to forego stopping at his hotel to change out of his grubby shorts and t-shirt in favor of arriving at the restaurant sooner rather than later than he already was. My mom was SO impressed with his ability to pull that off with panache!

    ReplyDelete