C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, November 25, 2023

Extra Time

Thanksgiving is always on the the 4th Thursday in November.....the earliest it can be is 22nd....and the latest it can be is the 28th. So it was on the early end this year and it's nice having extra time afterwards before we slide into the next holiday.  And by the next holiday I mean Christmas Paul's birthday...which is coming up soon. Usually it gets lost in the bustle of Thanksgiving festivities...but this year it has a week all to itself.  We actually don't make a big deal about birthdays anymore....but we'll honor it in our own quiet way.

I did make the transition from oranges to (Christmas) reds in the front of the condo. I'll put away my fall stuff...do some cleaning....and slowly start dabbling with Christmas decorating. And of course blow up a few birthday balloons too. 
And the timing is right to share the new puzzle I'm working on....

...because I'm working on the reds. Tis the season!

It's a new one from Philippa Stanton...and it features vintage Penguin books and she calls it "Words and Music."

This one is all about the colors and patterns of Philippa's collection of poetry books and music scores. It's both fun and challenging and I'm loving it!



Paul walked to Presumpscot Falls early this morning....it was a little too cold for me. I spent some extra time in my warm bed. 

Here are a few of his fantastic photos.

Well done Paul!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful for your daily posts, MaryAnn. Thank you! And I want a wreath just like yours! Great photos, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! The wreath is pretty easy. I have this great garland with hard plastic berries that can be outside....and I just wrap it around a wreath. The bow was different for me this year...I usually go for simple red....but the gold spoke to me at the garden center.

      Delete
    2. So you purchased a plain wreath and added the berry garland once home? Was the bow separate or did it come as part of the wreath??

      Delete
  2. Yes, great photos, Paul! And Happy Birthday as well!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy....I'll pass on you compliment and birthday wishes!

      Delete